Monday, June 17, 2013

FGS 2013 Bound!

Today I made my arrangements to go to the 2013 FGS Conference. It's in Fort Wayne, Indiana, August 21-24. Are you going? If so, will you be there earlier? I'm going a bit early and would like to meet up with dinner mates and such.

Though I've been to Indiana once (for an incredible Notre Dame football game experience), I've never been to the genealogical Disneyland that is the Allen County Public Library. I'm looking forward to it.

I did something I don't normally do and signed up for a luncheon. I'm going to the delegate one to hear J. Mark Lowe speak...and to learn how to be a good delegate for Chaparral Genealogical Society.

Other than that, my meals and social hours are open. From the looks of this handy downtown Fort Wayne restaurant map, there are some interesting places. It would be cool to do a Tweet-up/pub crawl one night. Any interest?

With the tickets purchased and reservations made, the next step is to scour and browse the Allen County Public Library catalog for genealogy treasures. It will be nice to work on my own family tree again.

Will I see you at FGS 2013? Let me know so I can get excited and look forward to our visit in Fort Wayne.

P.S. The early-bird FGS 2013 registration rate expires July 1, 2013. Get it done!


8 comments:

  1. Amy, you'll have a great time, I know. I haven't been to the ACPL since it moved into the new facilities; but even the temporary ones were fantastic. Wish I could see you there; missed you at Jamboree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. I'm sorry I wasn't there. Next year, hopefully.

      Delete
  2. See you there. I'm arriving on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm arriving Monday, too. And I know you'll pub crawl with me as long as they serve Maker's. :)

      Delete
  3. Amy, I'll let you know if I can get to the conference or part of it. I'd love to meet you. It all depends on my family situation (our daughter is expecting, and due right around the time of the conference). Soon I'll try to gather cell phone numbers so that, just in case, I'll have the chance to meet some twitter friends in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mariann, I would love to see you, but you have a pretty good excuse if you can't make it. Keep me updated.

      Delete
  4. I'll be there, Amy! Arriving on Monday, like Linda. And I happen to know there's a good pub just a block or so away from the library...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'll be arriving on Monday, too. See you then. :)

      Delete