Friday, February 13, 2015

RootsTech and FGS2015 Opening Day

 
Thursday was the official opening day for the RootsTech and FGS2015 co-conferences. Yes, there are two conferences being held at the same time.
 


I was lucky enough to be invited to tour the exhibit hall before it opened. I noticed right away that vendor areas are significantly larger than last year.


There's even a playground. They have Centipede. I checked.


The Demo Theater is always my favorite place. This year it is larger with more couches!


After the hall tour, I got to go backstage. Here's a behind the scenes view:


Everyone loved keynote speaker Tan Le. She spoke from the heart and left not a dry eye in the house.

I had a very productive lunch with a friend. We are kicking around marketable ideas and planning world domination.

In the afternoon, I went to Judy Russell's class on federal records. It was exactly what I needed, as my felonious great-grandfather has done federal time. She clearly explained the court system and where I *should* be able to locate these records. As always, Russell was knowledgeable and funny.

I debated being anti-social for dinner, but then put the word out on Twitter. Within minutes I had a dinner date and great conversation at a local pub. Genealogical serendipity at its finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment